Dialogue session with residents of Kg Setia Jaya

July 27, 2008 by weechookeong

Sunday today I was at Kg. Setia Jaya from 10.00 a.m. to 12 noon. The residents and I had a dialogue session and we talked about a few matters.



L-R: Tuan Haji Yusuff, Chairman of PAS Kg. Setia Jaya Branch; Wee Choo Keong, MP for Wangsa Maju; Encik Kamarulzaman, PAS Youth Chief for Wilayah Persekutuan; Encik Buhary, Deputy Chairman of Parti Keadilan Rakyat Wangsa Maju.





I was shocked to learn from the residents that Kg. Setia Jaya had only received their electricity supply just a few years ago. From where I stand I can see that the residents do not ask for much. All they ask for are basic amenities like more street lights, a better security and better drainage system where they live, and, the right to a roof above their heads for them and their families.

After the dialogue session, I went on a guided tour around the kampong to get a first-hand knowledge of the problems faced by the residents. I must convey my thanks to Encik Mahathir, a PAS Youth member and Master of Ceremony (MC) for the event, who kindly took me around on his motorcycle.

I also took some time off to visit Encik Mohd Sidek, Secretary of PAS Kg. Setia Jaya Branch, who had taken ill and was bed-ridden shortly after the March 08 General Elections.



Before we ended the day, we had a group picture taken with some of the young activists from both Parti Keadilan Rakyat (PKR) and PAS.



I would like to also take this opportunity to thank Encik Izamudin, who is a PAS Youth Chief and organiser of the event, and the residents of Kg. Setia Jaya for setting up the venue and preparing the food for lunch. Without their earnest contribution and effort, the dialogue session would not have been as successful.

Syabas dan ribuan terima kasih!

Ulasan

Catatan Popular